5. Of the usually creating appropriations will act as narrowly that one can, Congress tries to a great. encourage particular strategies about individual business. b. nullify the brand new president’s expert to administer certain government apps. c. cure bureaucratic red-tape. d. slow down the options that the president will do it the ability to impound.
6. ______ transformed the latest government funds procedure and enhanced presidential energy. good. This new Impoundment Manage Operate b. The fresh new Hatch Operate c. The brand new Funds and Accounting Act d. The government Abilities and guardian soulmates dating site you can Efficiency Operate
seven. Top-down budgeting differs from bottom-up cost management where the former an excellent. examines the big picture. b. emphasizes incrementalism. c. focuses on how big is for each and every agency’s bit of the whole than the any alternative enterprises receive. d. concentrates on transform rather than the entire funds at the same time.
8. Administration by objectives and you will no-legs budgeting are a great. ways to change incrementalism. b. funds appropriations measures. c. ways of increasing legislative fuel. d. sorts of legislative authorization.
9. Ahead of 1921, ______ provided the key frontrunners during the federal budget processes. good. the newest judiciary b. the president c. Congress d. providers
10. Starting an effective biennial budget and you may enacting a well-balanced-budget constitutional amendment an effective. had been process followed in order to change the newest funds process. b. is actually prospective alternatives for reforming new budgetary procedure. c. was in fact overlooked from the academics once the naive ideas. d. have been overlooked because of the Congress given that naive records.
a dozen. This new Government Put aside protects the cash supply, a task called apensatory business economics. b. financial coverage. c. financial coverage. d. zero-ft cost management.
thirteen. The new show of the government funds you to definitely Congress together with president is also easily alter (control) in almost any offered season went out of 66 % within the 1965 so you’re able to ______ percent in 2009. an excellent. 78 b. 18 c. thirty five d. 58
14. A beneficial congressional ______ commits currency getting spending, and you may congressional ___ do programs and place restrictions towards sum of money one is going to be invested. good. surplus; deficits b. authorization; appropriations c. financial coverage; financial regulations d. appropriation; authorizations
fifteen. Congress mostly uses legislative regulation and ______ so you’re able to keep back administrator discretion. a. restrictions towards the manager impoundment b. unmanageable expenditures c. a black finances d. line-item vetoes
18. The greater new government shortage, more of your federal finances need to be dedicated simply to paying interest. good. Genuine
20. The brand new Impoundment Manage Work was designed to avoid the terrible punishment from impoundment authority of the President George W. Bush.
22. The government funds is like county and regional spending plans having the same quantity of tips in order to endure deficits in addition to exact same amount of financial power you to county and you may regional governments manage. a. Genuine b. Incorrect
step 1. In place of conventional social government and this focused on ______ due to the fact product of investigation, implementation studies work at___________. an excellent. bureaus; personnel and employers b. agencies; programs therefore the show they write c. resources; partial preemption and you will efficiency d. regulations; budgets as they compare to the personal industry
step 3. All of the following circumstances is hinder winning execution Except good. backward mapping. b. standard uncertainty. c. useless tips. d. bumpy management.
cuatro. All the after the fall under the class out-of business issues one to swayed program success Except good. offering a primarily provider agency regulatory requirements. b. give mapping. c. relegating a course so you can an unsympathetic department. d. isolating associated apps certainly one of other companies.